Top 10 Luxury Surf Vacations in the World
Since the launch of modern day surfing it seems that every surfer is out to see the world and find the best wave around. Surf travel has become more and more popular since the migration of the first American surfers to Hawaii and the release of the surf documentary Endless Summer. We have come full circles since that day and are beginning to see some pretty amazing surf destinations and accommodations. We’re not just talking about good waves; we’re talking about style. Although many surfers still travel on a dime, there seem to be plenty of surfers with high salaries that don’t mind paying a pretty penny for a top of the line surf trip. For this reason we present the Top 10 Luxury Surf Vacations in the World.
10. Puerto Escondido, Mexico: More commonly known as the “Mexican Pipeline,” this world-class break is home of some of the biggest and best waves that mainland Mexico has to offer. Besides having perfect waves it also has an incredible climate with warm clear water and hot sunny days pretty much year round. This part of Mexico includes amazing 5 star resorts including the Camino Real Zaashila; which is an ocean front resort with great service and everything you could imagine.
9. Turtle Bay, Hawaii: Turtle Bay is unique in the sense that it is the only hotel resort located on the North Shore of Hawaii. This Ocean front hotel is surrounded by the best waves that Oahu has to offer and is literally minutes away from world-class breaks such as Pipeline, Sunset Beach and V-Land. This beautiful resort is equipped with it’s own full golf course with ocean view holes and is the only resort that will give you the country feel that Hawaii’s North Shore is known for.
8. Bali, Indonesia: Indonesia is home of some of the best breaks in the world. In recent years tourism has reached an all time high and as a result there are plenty of luxury surf vacation spots to visit including the Blue Point Villas overlooking the break Uluwatu. These ocean front villas overlook the ocean and are equipped with everything you could possibly need while on visiting this beautiful island.
7. Bilbao, Spain: Located in the northern region of Spain; Bilbao is home of Europes longest left known to the surfing world as Mundaka. Mundaka is home to the Billabong Pro and is one of the greatest waves in all of Europe. Located in the region is the 5 star hotel called the Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao. Here you will enjoy great waves, rooms and an amazing culture.
6. Florianópolis, Brazil: In this beautiful region of brazil you will find one of the top 101 hotels in the world, Ponta dos Ganchos. This luxury beach hotel is nestled in a quiet little cove of it’s own and where it’s not uncommon for guests to arrive in private helicopters. Here you will also find some nice surfing beaches including Joaquina and Mole beach.
5. Byron Bay, Australia: Although Australia is full of beautiful beaches and surf breaks there is only one that you can call the best longboard break in Australia and that is exactly what Byron Bay claims to be. Here you will find some of the cleanest and longest waves that will satisfy and longboarders dream. Located on the point of this bay, just steps from the beach, is the beautiful Rae’s at Watego. This high-class resort is has been deemed one of the world’s top 25 hotels and with good reason.
4. Moorea, Tahiti: Not only is Tahiti home of some of the greatest and most beautiful beaches in the world, it also houses some absolutely amazing surf breaks. On the island of Moorea there are several breaks worth spending you time at including Temae and Haapiti. In this secluded region you will also find the St. Regis Resort where you will not only enjoy unforgettable views, but top of the line accommodations and services.
3. Mentawai Islands: Among these beautiful islands in the Indonesian island chain is the Kandui Resort. Kandui is the perfect luxury surf vaction due to it’s one of a kind location on the Mentawai Islands. Here you will find some of the best surf Indonesia has to offer including Kandui Left, Thunders and Rifles as well as many other breaks. Enjoy the beauty of both the island and the resort while surfing the best waves of you life.
2. Sumba Island: Is another island in Indonesia just east of Bali. Sumba is full of tropical rainforest, rice terraces, beautiful beaches and the world’s best hotel in 2005, the Nihiwatu Resort. This resort is ideal in for a luxury surf trip because it’s one of the only one’s that provides a unique hideaway away from civilization and the only one that limits the number of surfing guests to 9 at a time. This means that you and 8 of your closest friends can have the surf to yourselves the whole time you’re on vacation. Now that’s luxury.
1. Indies Trader IV: This is unlike any other surf trip around considering the fact that this 5 star resort has the ability to move you, your room and all you brought with you through the islands of Indonesia. This large vessel is the newest and largest of three other ships that do custom surf trips through Indo. The trip includes 12 days and 13 nights and 5 star services during your entire stay. They have a handful of activities for their guests including surfing, jet skiing, diving, fishing and they even have the option of bringing a helicopter aboard to see explore everything by land, sea and air. The Indies Trader IV really does have it all.
- Buying A Surfboard: Off The Rack vs. Custom - 85,250 views
- Green Foam Surfboard Blanks - 79,138 views
- Donald Takayama In The Pink Longboard - 73,323 views
- Big Blue: The Wavestorm SUP Review - 71,781 views
- Shaper Review: J. and John Richardson of Surfboards Makaha - 70,709 views
- Ocean Sunglasses: Eye Protection While Surfing - 58,387 views
- Panama Jack Suncare - 55,381 views
- Surf Sleeve: A Solution to Thigh Rash - 54,184 views
- Panama Dream Surf Trip: Special Discount Price - 52,409 views
- Surf Art by Drew Brophy - 50,382 views