First Look: Jamie O’Brien
I was talking to a good friend the other day about our common love for photography and cinematography and, while discussing some camera equipment, my friend told me about a guy by the name of Vincent Laforet. After reviewing his website, I found myself in awe of this photographers amazing ability to capture unique and incredible images. I stumbled across a piece that The New York Times did on him, which included a number of aerial photos that he took at the Rip Curl Pro Pipeline Masters in 2006. His photos are so different and absolutely stunning.
On top of all of this, my friend sent me a link to a surf movie that Vincent Laforet is working on that includes Jamie O’Brien and a number of other influential surfers. On Vincent’s blog, he has a preview to this upcoming film called “First Look: Jamie O’Brien”, which lasts about three and a half minutes. The preview is a collaboration of three weeks of footage in Hawaii in the winter months that have unfriendly camera weather. With only a total of five sunny days and three days of decent waves, Vincent gives you a pretty good idea of what he’s capable of and of what you can expect when the surf movie is finished and released. If you have any appreciation for a good artistic eye or just love a good surf movie, I suggest you check out the preview below and more of his amazing work on his blog. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
- Buying A Surfboard: Off The Rack vs. Custom - 119,336 views
- Donald Takayama In The Pink Longboard - 107,732 views
- Green Foam Surfboard Blanks - 101,087 views
- Big Blue: The Wavestorm SUP Review - 98,789 views
- Shaper Review: J. and John Richardson of Surfboards Makaha - 88,352 views
- Ocean Sunglasses: Eye Protection While Surfing - 64,673 views
- Surf Sleeve: A Solution to Thigh Rash - 61,787 views
- Panama Jack Suncare - 59,535 views
- How To Be A Surf Bum In Hawaii - 58,343 views
- Panama Dream Surf Trip: Special Discount Price - 56,381 views